Sunday, 11 December 2016

COZY DAY READS






Hi guys! So today I'm going to be recommending some books to you guys that you can read on a cozy day, when you just feel like curling up in your bed and just reading. Some people may prefer reading more horror and spooky books on days like this, but I prefer simply books that make me feel warm and cozy inside, which will usually be some cutesy romance and books about teenagers' lives. So without further ado, let's go ahead and get into the list. I also have a video on this if you want. You can watch it here.

1. Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
So the first book on my list in Fangirl. This book is about Cath. Cath is approaching college. Previously, she used to do everything with her twin, Wren. But now Wren and Cath are going separate paths and Cath, more of an introvert, is left to deal with college alone, except her roommate Reagan. In my opinion, Cath's story is really cozy, and it made me feel soft and warm inside, and it is overall amazing. So definitely give this a try.

2. Wonder - R. J. Palacio
Wonder is about this boy called August, and he is born with a face deformity. The story is split into parts, each told in different POVs: August, Via, Justin, etc. It's a lovely story of finding yourself, and about August's journey towards strength. This book made me feel really warm and cozy and therefore it fits a cozy day like a glove. Everything from the cover, the atmosphere, the characters, everything will make you feel cozy. This book is amazing. 

3. The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
A lot of you may already have heard of this, but the Fault in Our Stars is one of my favourite contemporaries of all times. It's a mixture of sadness, happiness, joy, laughter, and romance, with all those things beautifully blended together in the story of Hazel Grace, who is a cancer patient and she goes to a Cancer Kid Support Group, where she falls in love with a boy and her story changes completely. 

4. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins 
Where do I even begin with this book? It is overall amazing. It will make you laugh, cry and feel all the emotions. This book has everything you look for in a contemporary romance - everything - the writing, the plot, the characters - everything - is perfect. It's about Anna, who is forcefully sent by her dad to the school of America in Paris, where she makes a lot of lovely friends and meets a boy (duh), Etienne St. Claire, and this is where her opinion about the school, Paris and everything else changes completely. 

5. Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
And the last book on my list is Outlander, of course. It is famous for it's tv show, and I was considering whether or not to put this here, but I realised that most of the people only watch the tv show, and haven't read the books. So if you are one of those, go right now and read Outlander. Although it is pretty graphic, I don't know what it is about the book, but when I was compiling this list, I had to put Outlander here. It is about Claire Randall, a woman who lives in London. With her husband, Frank, she comes to Scotland on their second honeymoon after the World War II, where Claire stumbles upon the magical circle of standing stones, Craig Na Dun, where she accidentally travels back in time into the 1700s Scotland, where she meets a handsome Scottish warrior, James Fraser. Guess what happens next.

6. All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
I'm not going to go into full detail, because I already have a post on this book. But this book moved me and touched me and grabbed my heart in all ways. It's just simply amazing. Check out my review for the book to have a full in-depth review. This is the book I would tell you to read first of all the books in this list. 





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© CARLETON LARK | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig